Monday, February 13, 2012

Music Monday- Whitney Houston

So many events in life involve music or have memories with music involved. Music Monday is a time to share those music memories.

It should come as no surprise that this Music Monday is about Whitney Houston. Like everybody else I was shocked to find out about her death. I can't say that I was a devoted fan of hers or that I even bought any of her albums/cds. However, I do remember when she first came on the scene with "I Wanna Dance With Somebody." I remember seeing her video several times, thinking how pretty, talented, vibrant and impossibly thin she was. The video and music are very typically 80's, with its bubbly tune, bright colors, and fashion.

Whitney would go on to make many more hits, and own the 80's as a female solo artist (in a different way than Madonna). Witnessing her personal struggles was sad and somewhat baffling. However, I prefer to remember her in the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" video.

RIP Whitney.


No comments:

Post a Comment