Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday


My surprise Christmas gift this year was a trip to California to visit with my grandfather. It was an awesome surprise! He lives not too far from San Diego and one of the places he took me to was Pacific Beach. This was perhaps one of the coolest things I've seen. 

There is a restaurant that has two surfing wave pools on opposites sides from each other. One pool is for beginners and the other is for the more experienced. This is a photo of the more experienced. Some of the guys were doing flips, but this guy really caught my attention. He was an older man with a Santa coat on. Each time it was his turn, his style was effortless and calm. Not once did he wipe out. He gave meaning to the phrase, "Poetry in motion."

No comments:

Post a Comment